The New Jersey Real Estate Commission mandates that all real estate licensees complete 12 continuing education credit hours every two years to maintain their licenses. The 2021 Term is July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2021. CE completed after April 30 will be subject to a $200 late fee in addition to the license renewal fee. Any licensee who does not complete their credits by June 30, 2021, will not be able to renew their license and it will expire.
Key facts about CE:
- You must complete 12 continuing education credit hours
- Two hours must be completed in Ethics Topic Area
- One hour must be completed in the Fair Housing Topic Area
- Six hours must be completed in Core Topic Area
- The six remaining hours may be completed in core or elective topics
- Visit the NJ REALTORS® Academy of Continuing Education to find CE courses to complete your requirement.
- Visit the PSI online CE tracking system to see your complete CE record.
- April 30, 2021: CE must be completed in order to avoid a $200 late fee.
- May 1 – June 30, 2021: Licensees may submit CE credits, but are subject to a $200 late fee
- July 1, 2021: New 2023 CE Term begins. All licensees who did not complete their CE requirement and renew their license may no longer practice real estate until their license is reinstated.
New Jersey Real Estate Commission’s Complete Continuing Education Requirements:
- Notice of Proposal
- Notice of Adoption
(Must be read together to see complete rules as finally adopted)