NJ Realtors® Weekly—Jan. 4
2022 Year in Review
- In January, we had a call for action regarding independent contractor status.
- In February, you made your Q1 RPAC investments and placed bids on the auction website.
- In March, New Jersey Realtors® Contract of Sale was revised.
- In April, the Seller Property Condition Disclosure Statement was updated.
- In May, we introduced the Fair Housing Children's Art Contest.
- In June, we prepared for the new lead paint law to go into effect.
- In July, the Department of Community Affairs published the lead paint municipality requirements.
- In August, you applied for 2023 New Jersey Realtors® Committees.
- In September, New Jersey launched the ANCHOR Program, the largest property tax relief in NJ history.
- In October, we released a new guide to help you comply with advertising rules.
- In November, New Jersey Realtors® Lease and Seasonal Lease were updated.
- In December, you applied for the 2022 New Jersey Realtors® Circle of Excellence Sales Award®.
Top Story of the Week
2022 Circle of Excellence Applications Due Monday
Time is running out to apply for New Jersey Realtors® 2022 Circle of Excellence Sales Award®. All applications must be submitted and approved by your broker/office manager by Jan. 9, 2023, at 5 p.m. EST. No exceptions.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to showcase your 2022 sales.
Being a Member Has its Perks
Boost Your Social Media Marketing in 2023
New customized social media templates are now available through NJ Realtors® Photofy library at no additional cost to members. Simply sign up for Photofy and download the mobile app to get started.
2023 Updates to the Code of Ethics
This week the National Association of Realtors® released its 2023 Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. There were revisions made to Article 10 and Standard of Practice 3-9.
- Article 10 was amended to replace the word, “handicap” with “disability.”
- Standard of Practice 3-9 was amended to remove, “the listing broker” and replace with “the seller.” REALTORS® shall not provide access to listed property on terms other than those established by the owner or t
he listing brokerthe seller.
State of the State
New Jersey's new U.S. Representatives are anticipated to be sworn in this week following the confirmation of a U.S. House of Representative Speaker. U.S. Rep.-Elect Robert J. Menendez will represent Congressional District 8 and U.S. Rep.-Elect Tom Kean Jr. will represent Congressional District 7.