The commercial real estate segment is vitally important to New Jersey Realtors®, and as the demand for commercial properties rises in New Jersey, we will continue to support our members in this field who have expertise in a wide variety of transactions across many property types.
As a commercial Realtor® and a member of NJ Realtors® you become part of an organization of over 48,000 real estate professionals who have pledged to protect the individual rights of property owners, serve the community, represent their clients through knowledge and experience, and be honest and honorable in all dealings. Through continuing education tailored towards commercial real estate, regularly updated market data, and effective representation in government to further issues important to Realtors®, those in the commercial real estate field can continue to strengthen their businesses.
A profile on commercial Realtors® conducted by NAR found that:
- 58 percent of NAR’s commercial members are brokers, with licensed sales agents the next largest segment of membership at 26 percent
- The median size of a lease transaction for a Realtor® was 4,200 square feet
- Members had a median of eight transactions each year, per member
- 29 percent of commercial Realtors® have a primary business specialty in investment sales
- Realtors® who specialized in commercial real estate saw a median commercial sale volume year-to-year growth of $2.6 million