The New Jersey Real Estate Commission mandates that all real estate licensees complete 12 continuing education credits every two years to maintain their licenses. The 2017 Term is July 1, 2015-April 30, 2017. CE may be completed for the 2017 Term until June 30, 2017, but will be subject to a $200 late fee in addition to the license renewal fee. Any licensee who does not complete their credits by June 30, 2017 will lose their license and is subject to the 2019 Term and any fees associated with reinstating a license.
Key facts about CE:
- You must complete 12 continuing education credit hours
- At least two hours must be completed in ethics training
- At least six hours must be completed in core topics (ethics included)
- The six remaining hours may be completed in core or elective topics
- Visit the NJ REALTORS® Academy of Continuing Education to find CE courses, see your CE record, print transcripts, and more.
- April 30, 2017: 2017 CE Term closes
- May 1-June 30, 2017: Licensees may submit CE credits, but are subject to a $200 late fee
- July 1, 2017: New 2019 CE Term begins. All licensees who did not renew or submit CE credits may no longer practice real estate until license is reinstated.
New Jersey Real Estate Commission’s Complete Continuing Education Requirements:
- Notice of Proposal
- Notice of Adoption
(Must be read together to see complete rules as finally adopted)